Learning & The Brain
The Richmond School District and the Richmond District Parents Association, in collaboration with the City of Richmond and S.U.C.C.E.S.S. present the 18thannual LEARNING & the BRAIN Conference 2017. This FREE conference takes place Saturday, April 1, 2017 at A.R. MacNeill Secondary.
We invite you to come celebrate Richmond’s diversity by uncovering what inclusion means in our schools with our Keynote speaker: Shelley Moore. Shelley is a PhD student, a Richmond teacher, and a consultant working with schools to support the learning and success for all students. Her work explores the benefits of learning in diverse contexts and embraces the strengths that every student can bring to their classroom community. Shelley is also the author of the recently published book, One Without the Other: Stories of unity through diversity and inclusion.
After Shelley's keynote, you can attend one of our informative break-out sessions where educators and community leaders will help you better understand the children and youth in our lives and how we can best support them.
For full conference details please go to our website http://latb.sd38.bc.ca(link is external) where you will find the complete details on these workshops:
• Coding in the Classroom: Why all the fuss and what's going on in Richmond classrooms(link is external)
• DIGITAL CITIZENSHIP: Strategies for home & how to keep your kids safe online.(link is external)
• How Mindfulness helps our Anxious Children(link is external)
• Reading at Home with Joy and Meaning(link is external)
• Rethinking Prevention: What Adults Need to Know and What You Can Do to Help Your Kids(link is external)
• Sense of Place: Connecting our Richmond student learning with local First Peoples(link is external)
• Social and Emotional Changes: How to get along well with my teens? (link is external)
社交與情緒的轉變：如何與我的子女健康快樂地度過青春期？(link is external)
• Supporting Your Child in the French Immersion Program (even if you don’t speak French!)(link is external)
• Supporting Your Child’s Mathematical Thinking(link is external)
• The Importance of Career Awareness, Exploration and Experience in K-12 Classrooms:
An Overview of the Re-Designed Career Education (link is external)
• The New Curriculum and Your ELL Child(link is external)
REGISTER by Friday, March 31! See the attached posters for conference details, including registration information.